Bots

I renamed Sad Realization to Supply Chain Issues. Seemed appropriate for Team Waiting On Parts. As of 2pm today, I have the SendCutSend order, which means I should have everything I need to have a working beetle.
Design is complete. It may be a little overweight, but I can adapt should that be the case. No matter. I have every single part either on hand or ordered. It wasn't cheap... but I have enough parts to build almost two copies of the bot. If I have fun at the competition up in Huntsville at the end of July, I will dive deeper, buy more parts, and keep going. If not, well, I guess I can sell a couple of items or something so that it's not a 100% loss.
Basically, Bad Memories is dead as a project. The aluminum frames used for your common 3.5" hard drive varies not just between various models, but sometimes the same model on a different production run. The weight varies, which is sort of important when it's necessary to shave off a mg here or there to meet weight. What was envisioned as a relatively low effort project turned into more problem solving than I would care to make. So, I will carry on with the future bot, Sad Realization which is nothing more than all the same parts, but on a purpose-built base. During the initial run of construction I ran into a problem where I was massively over weight, but found that stepping down to foam wheels shaved off a few ounces, so that was no...